PlatformIO is an open source ecosystem for IoT development¶
Cross-platform build system and library manager. Continuous and IDE integration. Arduino and MBED compatible. Ready for Cloud compiling.
- PlatformIO IDE - The next-generation integrated development environment for IoT. C/C++ Intelligent Code Completion and Smart Code Linter for the super-fast coding. Multi-projects workflow with Multiple Panes. Themes Support with dark and light colors. Built-in Terminal with PlatformIO CLI tool and support for the powerful Serial Port Monitor. All advanced instruments without leaving your favourite development environment.
- Development Platforms - Embedded and Desktop development platforms with pre-built toolchains, debuggers, uploaders and frameworks which work under popular host OS: Mac, Windows, Linux (+ARM)
- Embedded Boards - Rapid Embedded Programming, IDE and Continuous Integration in a few steps with PlatformIO thanks to built-in project generator for the most popular embedded boards and IDE
- Library Manager - Hundreds Popular Libraries are organized into single Web 2.0 platform: list by categories, keywords, authors, compatible platforms and frameworks; learn via examples; be up-to-date with the latest version
Atmel AVR & SAM, Espressif, Freescale Kinetis, Nordic nRF51, NXP LPC, Silicon Labs EFM32, ST STM32, TI MSP430 & Tiva, Teensy, Arduino, mbed, libOpenCM3, etc.
- PlatformIO IDE for Atom
- Web 2.0 Library Search | Embedded Boards Explorer
- Project Examples
- Source Code | Issues
- Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Hackaday | Forums
Embedded Development. Easier Than Ever.¶
- Colourful command-line output
- IDE Integration with Arduino, Atom, CLion, Eclipse, Emacs, Energia, Qt Creator, Sublime Text, Vim, Visual Studio
- Cloud compiling and Continuous Integration with AppVeyor, Circle CI, Drone, Shippable, Travis CI
- Built-in Serial Port Monitor and configurable build -flags/-options
- Pre-built toolchains, Frameworks for the Development Platforms
Smart Build System. Fast and Reliable.¶
- Reliable, automatic dependency analysis and detection of build changes
- Improved support for parallel builds
- Ability to share built files in a cache
- Lookup for external libraries which are installed via Library Manager
The Missing Library Manager. It’s here!¶
- Friendly Command-Line Interface
- Modern Web 2.0 Library Search
- Library dependency management
- Automatic library updating
- It runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux (+ARM).
For further details, please refer to What is PlatformIO? How does it work?
- Platforms & Boards
- Custom Platform & Board
- User Guide
- Creating Library