Codeanywhere is an open-source Java based developer workspace server and cloud integrated development environment (IDE) which provides a remote development platform for multi-user purpose. The workspace server comes with a RESTful webservice and provides high flexibility. It also contains a SDK which can be used to create plug-ins for languages, frameworks or tools.
- Sign in to Codenvy (based on Eclipse Che). A registration is FREE and gives you unlimited private projects.
- Open Workspaces tab
- Click on “Add Workspace”, then switch to “Runtime” tab.
- Name set to “PlatformIO”
- Stack search for
- Click on “Create” button, then “Open”.
Let’s create our first PlatformIO-based Codenvy Project
- Click on
Menu: Workspace > Create New Projectand select
platformio-arduino-blinksample. Set “Name” to “Arduino Blink” and press “Create”.
- Now you can use dropdown Commands menu and process project with “run” command
- If you prefer to work with PlatformIO Core CLI, then you can process project using Cloud IDE Terminal and the next commands:
You can have multiple PlatformIO-based Projects in the same workspace. We recommend a next folders structure:
├── project-A │ ├── lib │ │ └── readme.txt │ ├── platformio.ini │ └── src │ └── main.ino └── project-B ├── lib │ └── readme.txt ├── platformio.ini └── src ├── main.cpp └── main.h
pio remote run --project-dir project-A -t uploadbuild Project-A
pio remote run --project-dir project-A -t uploadupload OTA Firmware
pio remote run -d project-B -t uploadupload OTA Firmware
See documentation for
platformio remote run --project-dir option.